The Time Allocation Committee for the German SOFIA Cycle 2 has met on September 17/18 at the DSI in Stuttgart to evaluate and rank submitted proposals for observations by scientific merit.
The schedule for announcing Cycle 2 results has been impacted by the recent US Government shutdown. Results are available now and all proposers have been informed in person about the evaluation of their proposal.
Observing Cycle 2 will take place in the time period February – December 2014. For Cycle 2, these instruments will be available for observations:
- The near-infrared camera FLITECAM 
- The mid-infrared camera FORCAST 
- The heterodyne spectrometer GREAT 
- The high-speed optical photometer HIPO 
The combination of HIPO/FLITECAM will also be available. In addition, the mid-infrared high resolution spectrometer EXES  and the integral field spectrometer FIFI-LS  will be commissioned during Cycle 2. FIFI-LS will be available for a limited amount of General Investigator observing in conjunction with instrument commissioning. 20% of the available research hours, i.e., about 42 hours in Cycle 2 were allocated through DSI.
Questions about the SOFIA General Investigator program can be directed to:
- Alfred Krabbe, DSI Director (firstname.lastname@example.org); or
- Hans Zinnecker, SMO Deputy Director (email@example.com).